Sunday, June 22, 2014

Entry #1

Dear World,

Welcome to my blog.

This blog will serve as my daily journal this summer.

I don't know what I think of the world. My perspectives on major world issues change frequently. I love running. My little cousin Wilder (what he will be called on this blog) is 5 years old, lovable, and has stolen my heart. His little brother Cheeky is pretty cool too. I'm gay (*gasp*), something that conflicts with my previous fundamental-christian faith. I love reading, writing, and learning. I am an introvert who over thinks everything. I am not broken, only bruised.

For this summer, I have a list of things I wish to accomplish and to keep in mind. I know that I cannot accomplish everything on this list, but I will try my damn best while embracing alterations along the way.



The List

1.       Do not have fear; do at least one thing outside of my comfort zone.
2.       Write at least one thing down that I am thankful for each day. 
3.       Read at least 10 books, and write a review on my favorite one.
4.       Run at 3 new places, or old places that feel “new” again.
5.       Learn a new skill, such as how to interpret advanced physics.
6.       Volunteer (perform community service) for more than 5 hours.
7.       Give at least 52 hugs. The more hugs the better.
8.       Write a letter in the old-fashioned format (cursive writing and through the postal service; *gasp*) and send it to someone who needs it or who I haven’t spoken to in a while.
9.       Perform 3 random acts of kindness, or more. Kindness is as addicting as cocaine.  It’s my kind of drug.
10.    Sing like an idiot in the car once a week
11.    When sitting on the beach, remember that there are sharks in the ocean, and they could eat you in an instant, killing you. Life is too unpredictable to not live it to the fullest.
12.    Pray for those who don’t “need” a prayer, or attend an African-American denominated Baptist Church. My goal is the latter.
13.    Don’t be afraid to let my true emotions show. No one likes a person who is always happy. Or sad. Be complex.
14.    Ponder the meaning of life, or bake a cake. I’ll do both.
15.    Forgive a person who does not deserve my forgiveness, letting love win over hate. Love is always worth the risk.
16.    Smile at least 22 times a day, and paint your nails yellow at one point. Yellow is like the sun; emitting rays of happiness (or death in the scientific sense).
17.    Never wear mismatching clothes in public.
18.   Never forget that, “today is a beautiful day.” 
19.  Take Wilder to a petting zoo, the Philadelphia zoo, an interactive children's museum, and to a campground. 
20. Teach Wilder how to read.
21. Make 2 new friends

22. Keep a daily journal.




No comments:

Post a Comment